This blade is made exclusively for the Mastercut professional cordless trimmer. The adjustable design makes it versatile for a variety of precision clipping tasks, including:
- surgical prep
- trimming pads
- shaving hygiene areas
- clipping ears and faces
- shaping tails and feet
- defining Poodle body patterns
Features & Benefits:
This blade offers 5 different clipping heights, changeable using the trimmers integral slide switch. The design features a combination of steel and thermoplastic components to help reduce cost but, also to control surface temperature and heat transfer.
- Leaves hair 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5mm
- equivalent to detachable blades – 30, 15, 10, 9, 8½
- carbon steel cutters for durability
- chrome plated to prevent metal corrosion
- thermoplastic base to control surface temperature
Hints & Tips:
Although trimmers are favoured for small clipping tasks, their cutting speed is often considerably faster than a regular clipper. Further more, their blades have extremely fine teeth which can quickly produce a build-up of hair clippings and dander, hindering their performance. For these reasons, even if you only use a trimmer on rare occasions, it’s important to keep the blade clean and lubricated.
- Always apply a few drops of oil to the moving blade before you start clipping. This will help prolong the life of your blade.
- Avoid clipping dirty or greasy hair as this can mask harmful residue which will damage the fine cutting teeth.
- When clipping for extended periods, re-apply oil and consider using a coolant spray if the blade surface temperature is hot to the touch.
- If the blade starts to drag or refuses to cut, thoroughly clean the blade using a suitable washing solution.
- Regularly lubricating and cleaning your blades will help keep them cutting more efficiently. See ‘Blade Care’.