The following terms and conditions have been set out to ensure www.simpsons-online.co.uk (the ‘website’) remains a safe and legitimate place to buy goods from. Please take a few minutes to read and understand this information. Continued use of the website signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions by which any contract for the purchase of advertised goods will be bound.
This website is owned and operated by
Simpsons of Langley Ltd
4 Lakeside Business Units
Registration No. 00673262 London
VAT Registration No. GB 302-1475-09
- Having submitted an order, an email of acknowledgement will be sent to your confirmed email address. This email indicates that your order has been successfully received and will be acted on in due course. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us for the sale of proposed goods.
- Any implied contract will only exist when your order has been successfully processed and an official invoice has been produced.
These specific terms have been introduced to protect against the sale of mistakenly under-priced goods, and instances when a particular product cannot be supplied for any reason. In cases of a necessary price increase, affected customers will be contacted to ensure the amended price is acceptable.
Pricing & Tax Charges
- All advertised prices are valued in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of Value Added Tax.
- Value Added Tax is charged at 20%, where applicable.
- All orders received from the UK or EU will be subject to Value Added Tax.
- All order payments must be made in Pounds Sterling.
Shipping & Handling
- Goods will be dispatched to the ‘delivery’ address provided by you during the checkout process.
- Time of delivery cannot be guaranteed, unless a timed delivery service is specifically requested. As such we accept no responsibility or liability for delivery delays once consignments have been dispatched from our business premises.
- Subject to stock availability and confirmed payment, orders are usually dispatched within 24 hours.
- Although every effort is made to dispatch orders promptly, delivery schedules can sometimes be delayed if orders are received near to or during UK National Holidays. During these times, customers should allow 2-3 working days for dispatch.
- Any purchased item(s) found to be out of stock will be back ordered for delivery when available. Affected customers will be contacted at the earliest opportunity to report delays and discuss any possible product exchange.
- If we fail to deliver any goods within 30 days of receiving your order, we shall refund in full any payment made in respect of such goods.
- We reserve the right to withdraw acceptance of your order, in whole or part, if any goods are not readily available to us and to refund in full any payment you have made for such goods. All readily available goods ordered will be dispatched through our normal delivery schedule.
Credit Card Security
- Credit/debit card details are secured within 128-bit encrypted sessions.
- Sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database that is protected by multiple government approved firewalls.
- Additional security measures include a security key that is used to produce an MD5 hash value. Hash values are often used as digital signatures as they cannot be reversed to obtain the original information. They allow the receiver to validate that the information received is identical to that sent.
Warranties & Liability
- We warrant that, at the time of delivery, the goods will be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will be of satisfactory quality. There may, however, be minor variations between the goods shown or described and those dispatched to you (the goods dispatched will always be of a comparable or superior quality).
- Any claim by you that goods fail to correspond with the description on the website or that they are defective or not of satisfactory quality, must be notified to us in writing within 7 days from the date of delivery or, where this was no apparent on reasonable inspection, within 7 days after discovery or 30 days after dispatch by us, whichever is the earlier. If you do not notify us accordingly we shall have no liability for such failure or defect.
- If you make a valid claim we shall replace the goods in question free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund in full the payment made in respect of such goods, but we shall have no further liability for such failure or defect. Such replacement or refund is conditional upon the goods in question have been returned to us for inspection.
- We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow product instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without our approval.
- In no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the invoice value of the goods.
Any communication between us shall be by email, telephone, fax or first class post using appropriate contact information provided to us.
Internet Customer Support: 01354 691 835 | email@example.com
Accounts: 01354 691 833 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 01354 691 831
- Payment must be received in full before orders are despatched.
- Credit account payments must not exceed agreed credit limit. Order(s) exceeding credit limit will be referred to our accounts department for approval prior to despatch.
- Faulty or damaged goods should be reported imediately and no later than 24 hours after delivery.
- All unwanted goods should be returned within 7 days using an insured delivery service. Once received, replacement goods will be promptly dispatched free of any further charges.
- When appropriate, and at our sole discretion, customers will be reimbursed for any return delivery charges, in the way of complimentary goods or account credit.
- We reserve the option to redeem a restocking fee (typically 10%), to be deducted from the refund value, for any goods returned, after 7 days, as ordered in error or considered personally unsuitable upon inspection.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and condtions at any time but the terms and conditions we apply to the contract between us shall be those in force at the time we receive your order.
- We reserve the right to amend our prices and shipping charges without prior notice.